Knowledge Base

Does the City allow the Open Burning (without a permit) of yard waste/debris?

Category: Burn Permits
Open burning shall be allowed without prior notification to the fire department only for recreational fires, highway safety flares, smudge pots, and similar occupational needs. Recreational fires shall be utilized for the cooking of food for human consumption or camp fires. They shall be no larger than two (2) feet by two (2) feet by two (2) feet utilizing seasoned dry fire wood and ignited with a small amount of paper. Recreational fires shall be constantly attended until the fire is extinguished. Fire extinguished equipment shall be available for immediate use.
Updated 12/7/2017 1:33 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!