Knowledge Base

What do you do if you notice a fire hydrant running with no one around?

It could be the Kirksville Public Works Department flushing the system. You can either call Public Works at 660-785-6945 or the Kirksville Fire Department at 660-665-3734 to verify. The Fire Department does do hydrant testing annually, but most generally will have a truck/personnel on site. If you see a hydrant slowly leaking or leaning, or may have been hit by a car, please contact one of the offices listed above also to remedy the situation.
Updated 12/7/2017 1:33 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!