Downtown Revitalization and Economic Assistance for Missouri
The Downtown Revitalization Economic Assistance for Missouri is a new initiative created through a partnership of three development agencies:
- the Missouri Department of Economic Development,
- the Missouri Development Finance Board, and
- the Missouri Housing Development Commission.
D·R·E·A·M Initiative is a comprehensive, streamlined approach to downtown revitalization that provides a one-stop shop of technical and financial assistance for select communities to more efficiently and effectively engage in the downtown revitalization process.
This unique new tool reduces the complexity involved in financing downtown revitalization plans through a coordinated approach.
1. It centralizes several major state incentives.
2. It offers direct access to financial technical assistance at the preliminary proposal stage.
3. It is supported by a team of professionals specifically dedicated to helping the community rebuild its central business district.
4. It substantially shortens the redevelopment timeline.
City of Kirksville - 2007 DREAM Community
Return to the Economic & Community Development Main Page.