5/2/2017 - Airport Planning & Environmental Consulting Services
The City of Kirksville, Missouri (“Sponsor”), is hereby soliciting statements of qualifications and experience from qualified consultants for airfield development projects at Kirksville Regional Airport. Projects may be subject to future receipt of Federal funding under the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airport Improvement Program, as administered by the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) through the State Block Grant Program (SBGP). These projects may include the following:
1. Development of an Airport Layout Plan (ALP) and Narrative or Master Plan and updates.
2. Preparation of a Certificate of Title, including an Exhibit “A” Property Map.
3. Perform Aeronautical Surveys for instrument approach procedure development and AGIS requirements.
4. Assistance with required environmental actions and documentation.
5. Assistance with land acquisition for airport development.
The required services include, but are not limited to, airport planning, environmental, land acquisition, and necessary incidental services. The consultant should provide the name(s) of preferred firm(s) for any work which is likely to be sub-consulted. Sub-consultant changes can occur with Sponsor approval. At the Sponsor’s discretion, this selection can be retained for projects initiated within five years or until all projects are complete. Projects other than those listed above will require a new solicitation except as allowed in FAA Advisory Circular 150/5100-14 paragraph 2.7.2 (4). Disclosure: Under a previous agreement, Jviation assisted the Sponsor with preparation of their CIP.
A qualification based selection process conforming to FAA Advisory Circular 150/5100-14 will be utilized to select the most qualified firm. Selection criteria will include, but may not be limited to:
• Recent experience in airport projects
• Capability to perform all aspects of project
• Ability to meet schedules within budget
• Knowledge of FAA/MoDOT regulations, policies and procedures
• Quality of previous airport projects undertaken
• Personnel experience and qualifications
• Familiarity with, and proximity to the project
• An implemented Affirmative Action Program
Fees will be negotiated for projects as federal funds become available. Consultants shall not include fee or cost information when responding to this solicitation. Prospective consultants are advised that applied overhead rates must be in accordance with the cost principles established within Federal Regulation 48 CFR Part 31, Contract Cost Principles and Procedures. After selection, the successful firm will be required to submit a copy of their current overhead rate audit certification or MoDOT pre-approval.
This contract is subject to all applicable Federal Provisions, which include, but are not limited to:
• Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
• Section 520 of the Airport and Airway Improvement Act of 1982
• DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 20 – Lobbying and Influencing Federal Employees
• DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 26 – Disadvantaged Business Enterprises Participation
• DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 30 – Foreign Trade Restriction Clause
• DOT Regulation 2 CFR Part 180 and 1200 – Government Debarment and Suspension
• DOT Regulation 2 CFR 200 Appendix II, including Access to Records and Reports, Breach of Contract Terms, Rights to Inventions, and Termination of Contract
The City reserves the right to extend the proposal submittal date if needed.
The City further reserves the right to reject all or a portion of any or all proposals, to waive irregularities and technicalities, to re-advertise, or to proceed to provide the services otherwise, in the best interest of the City and the Kirksville Regional Airport. The City may, at its sole discretion, modify or amend any and all provisions hereon.
The City of Kirksville does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable deferral, federal, state, or local law.
Airport consultants should submit three (3) copies of their statement of qualifications and experience along with references to the City of Kirksville by 3:00 PM central standard time, Tuesday, May 2, 2017. Statements shall be mailed or delivered to Robin Snyder, City Clerk, 201 South Franklin Street, Kirksville, Missouri 63501. Late statements will not be considered. The package containing the proposal shall be plainly marked “Request for Qualification for Airport Planning/Environmental Services.”
The consultant should also include an affidavit of compliance with the federal work authorization program and a copy of the firm’s E-Verify Memorandum of Understanding.
Questions regarding this solicitation can be directed to Glenn Balliew at 660-627-1291 or email@example.com.