The City of Kirksville has adopted the International Code Council’s (ICC's) array of building and property maintenance codes. As of March 21, 2022, we now operate under the 2021 version of that code. This includes the International Building Code, International Fire Code, International Residential Code, International Plumbing Code, and others. At this same time, we adopted the 2020 National Electrical Code (International Code Series).
General information regarding the City of Kirksville’s building codes and permit information are available through the Quick Links on the left. These links cover: Building/Remodeling Construction, Building permits, Remodeling permits, Demolition permits, Rezoning, Subdivision plats, and Permit fees information.
The City of Kirksville has adopted the following codes to be used for construction practice:
- 2021 International Building Code
- 2021 International Plumbing Code
- 2021 International Residential Code (for One and Two Family Dwellings)
- 2021 International Mechanical Code
- 2021 International Fire Code
- 2021 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2021 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
Aside from the International Building codes, any electrical construction will fall under the 2020 National Electrical Code (International Code Series). This is the only stand alone code for the City of Kirksville. All these changes went into effect on March 21, 2022.